Dessert: Tub Tim Grob
Terrace Rim Naam, Bangkok, June 24, 2000
1 cup diced water chestnuts or jicama (1/2 cm.)
2 cups corn or tapioca starch
1 cup coconut milk
2 cups syrup - melted 2 cups sugar in 2 cups hot-boiled scented water
Some red food coloring (dye)
- Place water chestnut cubes in food coloring (dye), leave overnight.
- Coat water chestnuts with corn or tapioca flour, keeping cubes separated.
- Drop coated water chestnuts in hot boiling water, collect them when they rise to the surface.
- Cool and soak coated water chestnuts in chilled or iced water (3-5 minutes), then remove and keep soaked in chilled syrup.
- Add coconut milk and some shaved or crushed ice before serving.